- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese, slightly softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
Heat oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Then stir in milk, butter, and egg until just combined. Fold jalapeno peppers into batter.
Using a rounded tablespoon drop batter onto baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown around the edges. Cool on pan for 3-5 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
In a medium bowl combine goat cheese, cream cheese, and milk. Stir until smooth and creamy. Fold in bacon and chives. Spread or pipe approximately 1 tablespoon of filling onto half of the whoopie pies. Top with remaining halves.