- 15 ounces canned tomatoes, crushed or diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil (or 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 ounces fettuccini pasta
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1 handful Fontinella® cheese, shredded
In a blender or food processor combine tomatoes, garlic, and onion and pulse 3-4 times until combined but still chunky. Transfer mixture to saucepan, add salt, basil, oregano, sugar, and olive oil and cook on medium heat until thick. Stir frequently.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Transfer pasta to 2 bowls and divide sauce between them. Top with pine nuts and shredded Fontinella cheese.