- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled or fresh
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk (or buttermilk)
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- whole wheat pitas
- additional Romano cheese for topping
Into a blender or food processor add the first 9 ingredients: lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt, mayonnaise, Romano cheese, buttermilk, and sour cream. Pour the oil 3-4 tablespoons at a time, blending after each addition.
Tear Romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Add chopped chicken and dressing to lettuce. Assemble the pitas by adding the chicken and lettuce mixture to the insides and top with additional Romano cheese.