- 1 deep dish pie crust, thawed
- 3/4 c. mediterranean feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 c. canned chickpeas, rinse and drain
- 1 c. shredded fresh spinach
- 1/3 c. green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. half and half cream
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 375°F.
Place the piecrust on a foil-lined baking sheet. Fill piecrust by layering feta cheese, chickpeas, spinach, green onions and red bell pepper.
In medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Pour over filled crust.
Bake until the filling is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes. Cover piecrust with foil if too much browning occurs. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.