- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 16oz fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16oz macaroni pasta
- 2 cups Fontinella® cheese alfredo sauce (ingredients below)
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- parsley (or any herbs like basil, oregano, and chive)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Stella® Fontinella® Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
For Alfredo Sauce:
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through.
Stir in parsley and set aside
To Assemble Pasta:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
Return the pasta to the pan that you cooked it in, and set aside.
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Remove and place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
Remove all but 2 Tbsp. of grease from the pan, and return to the stove.
Add the chopped asparagus to the pan, stirring occasionally.
Cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute more. Off heat.
Add half the asparagus and bacon to the pot with the pasta. Toss to combine.
Stir in Alfredo sauce.
Plate and top with the other half
Garnish with herbs and cheese.