Skip to Content
- Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 32-48 ounces of chicken stock
- 1 cup of petite peas
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 2 ounces of shaved Stella Grana Padano cheese
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the butter to a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onions and garlic cloves until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add in the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Pour in the rice and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes to toast the rice.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock at a time to the mixture while continuing to stir the rice until it has absorbed all the liquid before adding in the next cup. Repeat until the rice is cooked.
- Finish by stirring in the peas, cream, cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Serve.